Wednesday

Humor?

So we're sitting in the living room watching the Ghost Hunters 100th episode. Yes we do watch Ghost Hunters...it is interesting as they try to debunk things and gives you something to think about. Even the girls like watching part of it before bed, though Cassie covers her eyes from time to time. The girls have asked if it is real and we've told them that some people think it is and some don't believe any of it. We (Andy and I) like to watch to see what they can prove is not real and then what they aren't even sure about. It makes us wonder. And I personally like to wonder. It keeps my mind open to things.

Tonight's episode is from Alcatraz Island and the prison that at one time held some of the worst of the worst criminals. The emcee of the show tonight announces that the TAPS crew is going to investigate the penile system.

And I say, "Ha...they said penile!" Out loud. With my children sitting within 6 feet of me. My 5 and 9 year old children.

I turn and look at Andy snickering and say, "I can't believe I just said that out loud."

We laugh and Andy tells me that he can't believe it either and that I can never say anything about things he says.

Of course the funniest part is the confused look on Cassie's face as she looks back and forth between us repeatedly saying, "I don't get it. What is so funny."

I didn't have the heart to tell her that the funny part is that deep down inside her mother has the sense of humor of a 6th grade boy.

0 comments: