Sunday

Happy New Year!!

Alright. It's been a while. And I've been hearing all about it from my family. Something about it being a New Year, after Christmas, and that lots has happened. After a little bit it all starts to sound like the teacher in Charlie Brown. Wah Wah wah wah...



Long story short...Yes, it is a new year. It is now 2010 and wow, where did that time go? It wasn't that long ago that everyone was worried about Y2K and all the computers of the world crashing. Though, seriously, I never saw it happening. It did cause a wonderful hysteria and flooded stores with people stocking up on non-perishables, generators, and other "necessary" things. I found it all a little foolish.

This year we all spent New Year's at my parents' house. The girls hung out with my mom and dad. At least for the most part. Andy and I visited with my brother, Tony; his fiance, Kelli; and two of his friends. It ended up to be a very relaxed night and it left me with no hang over for the morning.

Sure there was that one part of me that would have liked to go out to the bar, but for some reason, I'm not a fan of the whole hangover thing that would have followed. Besides, New Years is not a good time for this lady to go out to the bar. Three words for you: Cheap Champagne - Bad.
__________________________________

Cassie still has her hand in a splint but is now able to walk carefully with her loft strand crutches. She keeps trying to tell us that she is fine and that she can do things by herself. However, she said the same thing right before she tripped, fell, and fractured her thumb. A point that I keep bringing up.

This Tuesday her and I will be making the trip to see the orthopedic doctor to see what he has to say. I'm not pushing for anything in particular, but I will be bringing up the fact that she uses her hand more then most people. Between crutching, transferring, and crawling I am worried about the amount of stress that would be put on her thumb if she didn't have some kind of support. I guess I would just prefer a cast be put on until we know it is all healed. It would suck if it didn't heal right or was made worse because it wasn't protected. In another word...it would stink!

On the night of Cassie's fall, Tony and Kelli came over to visit for a bit and show us their new puppy. (pictures in a minute) Tony sat next to Cassie to check out her splinted hand and said that when he heard about what had happened he thought that it really stunk. He then told Cassie that he tried to think of other things that stunk, but all he could come up with was a skunk. This is where he pulled out a WebKinz skunk out of his jacket. Her face lit up and I'm not kidding at all when I say that skunk has gone pretty much everywhere with her since that moment.

I'm hoping that she realizes that it won't be going to school with her on Monday. ::HUGE GRIN::

I will be bringing the girls to school Monday morning so that I can talk with the people that will need details on what is going on with Cassie. I need to discuss with them the fact that she won't be able to go to recesses for a while. Number one I don't want her to fall again at all, but also she can't get her glove on that hand and crawling around in snow would chance getting the splint wet. I'm sure that her teacher, principal, and her aides will understand perfectly and then we will work on finding something for her to do during her recesses that will make everyone happy.
_________________

Alright, back to the puppy.

This year for Christmas, my brother got his fiance a puppy. Or at least that is the story. I think that he wanted a puppy and this is a way for him to have one too. :)

Actually, I know they both wanted one and now they have one. It is a little girl, a pit bull, named Maggie. She is about 8-9 weeks old and absolutely adorable. Take a look.


In this picture she is the laundry room laying on our dirty clothes. Obviously a good place to get some serious napping done. I'm working on getting a little video of her, but she isn't all that cooperative and what I've gotten leaves a lot to be desired . She is squirmy and so far not real keen on staying put. Go figure.
__________________

One of the things that I received for Christmas this year is a sewing machine from my mother in law. I'm very happy with it as I would like to be able to start making more things including at some point clothes for the girls and other fun stuff. I'm working up to the clothes though as I'm very much a sewing virgin. I had home-ec in middle school, but that was a long time ago and I barely remember what I learned there.

Tonight, though, I was able to make a couple soft cubes for a certain little boy I know. He isn't exactly up to the age of playing with blocks yet, but I figure they are soft for when he starts and nice bright colors. Becky, act surprised when I give these to you. :)

Can't wait to see what else I can make. I've been spending a lot of time googling things lately like 'free sewing pattern', 'sewing for beginners', and ' sewing patterns for idiots'. Okay, not really the last one, though I wonder what I would get from that one.
___________________________

Maybe my next post will include resolutions for this year. That is if I decide to do resolutions or think of some I want to do.

0 comments: