Tuesday

August 11, 2009

I feel like unpacking has come to a halt. It seems that my get-up-and-go....got up and went. We have pretty much everything in the basement that belongs there and it is put away...I did that tonight. However, there are still some boxes left in the garage that need to come into the house that I just look at and stick my tongue out at. Mature, I know.

I'm just tired. I have this long list of things that need to be accomplished and every day I have good intentions. However, at the end of the day when I look to see what I can check off of it, I read through the list thinking to myself... 'crap, I didn't get anything done today.' I have no idea where my day goes or what it is that I do do all day, but I can tell you that by the end of the day I'm exhausted so it must be something good. I just wish I knew what is was.
__________________________________

When we visited the Milwaukee Zoo this past weekend we were able to see the gorilla that we had seen last year. This gorilla, last year, flipped me off. This year again I was flipped off.

Doesn't she look annoyed with me??

As we were walking around seeing the other apes, I saw a volunteer and I asked if there was something wrong with the gorilla's finger. (I had noticed that when she scratched her head the finger didn't bend) I was then informed that yes this female gorilla didn't have use of her middle finger. She was actually bitten by another gorilla and had the tendon in that finger severed, therefore, leaving her forever flipping the world the finger. Gotta say that there are days that would come in handy.

Here is a picture that I LOVE! It is what I call 'my dad's pose'. You see, when tired, grumpy, or just feels like it...my dad will put his hand up to his forehead, sometimes even covering his eyes. When I saw the gorilla pull this pose I snapped a quick picture. Mom...feel free to show dad. Even in Milwaukee I was thinking about him.

______________________________________

Lastly, but definitely not least, today is my cousin's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!

0 comments: