Tuesday

March 31, 2009

Does everyone know what Twitter is? If not, let me explain. It is a site that you can post small messages/notes to from either a computer or phone throughout the day. It is like mini blog posts. You'll see my recent Twitters off to the right side there. See it?

Yeah well, lots of people have Twitter accounts now (don't you?) and if you want to know what is going on with a fellow Twitterer you can 'follow' them. It is a little like stalking, but safer and legal. You'll find anyone from famous people, to bloggers, to...well....me on Twitter. Even our local school district is on Twitter. I know, don't you feel out of the loop now?

Now for the point of this post. Oh you didn't think there was a point, did you? You silly reader. There is a point ant it is this. I stalk follow a few people on Twitter, one of those being my local school district so that I know what is going on. This morning when I checked my email I had a message informing me that my local school district was now following me on Twitter. I don't know how I feel about this. If it were an individual person, that would be one thing, but to think that the school district will be seeing everything I Twitter makes me feel nervous. Guess I shouldn't Twitter about locking my kids in the closet anymore. I may get a visit from the authorities.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

::knock knock:: social services at the door, start flushing the crack/crack/smack, etc down the toilet. Grab a few near by dogs so the cages are explainable... the kids should know the drill to brush the knots out of their hair, and wash the mud off their faces.. etc.

I just wanted to post and let you know I subscribed to your RSS feed, did you know you had on? lol.

Twitters can get you in trouble, like the guy that got in trouble for twittering about the case he was on the jury of. Or some basketball player getting fined for twittering at halftime, then Shaq twittered with no fine.

Just remember kids, that little, innocent 254 character message could end up costing you $25,000 if the wrong person reads it.

Blah.