Tuesday

January 27, 2009

Did you know that Chia Pets don't exactly smell pretty? I guess the 'Pet' part of the name should give that away. Have you ever had a pet that smelled pretty all the time? Even a fish, that is in water all the time, smells before it needs the water cleaned. In the case of the Chia Pet it is the wet unsealed pottery that I smell. Every time I walk past it.

I've found that winter isn't exactly good for Chia Pets either. For some reason all the water evaporates into the air so fast that it doesn't get enough water to the seeds and therefore they don't grow. Because of the dry air I had to put a baggie over the 'pet' and that seemed to get the seeds sprouting. It also started something else sprouting.


Fuzzy mold. You can kinda see the white fuzz. So now what do I do? Hope that it goes away with the bag removed and that the seeds keep sprouting? Or clean the hippo and wait til spring/summer to start a new hippo? Mind you, if I do the latter, I will be crushing two little girls.
____________________________

I've been struggling with exhaustion lately. I'm not sure if it is the cold weather, the shortened daylight, or if I'm just getting old. The other night I wanted to go to bed at 8, but I forced myself to stay up until 9. Sad, eh?

It might have something to do with the fact that my children are up in middle of the night every night and I am the one that has to get up with them. It starts with Kalli having to go bathroom. Then she wants to come in our room, I say no. Then Cassie calls because she can't sleep, keep trying I tell her. Last night it went into crying and after I didn't give in, they called for Andy. I laughed as he got up because I knew that they were going to work him. And they did. The girls ended up coming in our room. When questioned this morning by me Kalli said "I forgot." Interesting that she forgot after I told her several times that she needed to stay in her room. Must be selective hearing taking over already. And at such a young age.
_______________________________

Lastly tonight I would like to wish Becky and Brian a happy anniversary. They've been married now for 2 years. Ahhh...to be newly weds :)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BECKY AND BRIAN!!

1 comments:

Becky said...

awww....thanks for the shout out. I'm working on an anniversary blog that i hope to finish tonight.