Thursday

Dreaming of Happy Holidays!

One week from today is Christmas. Can you believe it? Neither can I.

My tree is up and decorated, but that is about the extent of it. I haven't finished my holiday shopping, I haven't made any Christmas cookies or candy, I haven't wrapped any gifts, and although my Christmas cards are completed and signed, I have yet to mail them out.

Somewhere along the line I must have stepped into a time warp and now here I am a week out from the festive holidays and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. So much so that last night at 9:00pm I broke down and told Andy that I just wanted to go to sleep. And that is pretty much what I did.

For those of you that have been living under rocks and therefore don't know me at all, sleep is my escape. When in pain and nothing helps, go to sleep. When certain things or people stress you out, sleep. When Christmas is 7 days away and you feel like a chicken that invariably has lost it's head don't fret...just go to bed. Sure you could always work on getting those tasks completed that need to be done but it is so much nicer to go to bed. I know that it will be there when I wake up, but there is always hoping little fairies come and do it for me while I slumber. Some people are ostriches and hide their heads in the sand. Others thrive on deadlines and procrastination. Then there are some people who, like me, would rather sleep and dream things away. We're similar to those ostriches in some ways, sure. But we are way better rested.

0 comments: