Tuesday

November 18, 2008

Oh the pain. My legs have been speaking to me today through tightness and screams. Yesterday I went to the Y and worked out. My downfall was the Elliptical machine. We have a hate/hate relationship. It doesn't like me or my legs and I hate it for hurting me so. Saddest part is that I only spent 5 minutes on it. I'm starting with that since I'd like to be able to still stand once I step off of it. I'll work my way up to longer once I get more use to this pain.

Today I went to the Y again. I know, two days in a row!! I skipped the Elliptical today and went to lift some weights and work my arms some. I figure that tomorrow my arms will be screaming at me, but at least my legs will like me again. Well that's until tomorrow because I'm planning on going to the Y again. I know, three days in a row!!

It has been about 2 months since I've been making homemade nightly meals. This keeps us from eating out and our meals are a bit healthier overall. We've noticed little changes since eating better. The number one thing is that our stomachs don't care for eating out. Also, the amount that we are hungry for has decreased. The next thing that I wanted to work on was exercising more. And I have started. After putting the girls on bus, I go to the Y for about 45 minutes. My plan is to go each day Monday through Thursday. I'm unable to go on Fridays and the weekends are just too hectic. So far I'm doing pretty good. Sure it has only been two days but one day at a time.
___________________________

On another note, I went to a meeting tonight where I learned that Cassie will be starting to sell Girl Scout cookies on January 16. I also learned at this meeting that some of the leaders in my council are whiners. I felt like we were beating a dead horse as they went on and on complaining about some things. Myself and one other woman were making under our breathe comments and sighing. I learned a few things, but at the same time I missed NCIS. I know...it is awful.
___________________________

Today is my sister-in-law, Trina's, due date. I'm thinking about taking her walking to get that baby out. She'll appreciate it and we all want to see the princess.

Since I'm in the sharing mood, let me show you something. I think that my dad is Santa.

0 comments: