Friday

Welcome Back!

Yes, I know I took a couple days off. I just needed a break. Everyone gets vacations once in a while...right?

Today I had an appointment with my doctor to try to figure out what is wrong me. Stop...don't even say what you are thinking. Let me clarify. For about the last two and a half months, my legs have been achy, painful limbs. Sometimes deciding to just plain ol' hurt. There is no rhyme or reason to this, though it does get worse as the day goes on. About 3 weeks ago or so my back/hips decided to join in on this party for, Body Parts Against Paula (BPAP). The BPAP use to meet only every so often, but have now moved their meetings up to daily. And they must be having a good time because their meetings are the longest ever....it is like Mardi Gras. No one wants to go home.

My doctor decided that it is probably arthritis in my back/hips and legs. If I'm like this now, I don't want to know what shape I'll be in when I actually get old. I am now on steroids for the next week to try calming things down. If this doesn't work then we move onto therapy to see if they can do something to help it and finally onto an MRI of my lumbar to see what the hey is going on in there. If we do get to that point, I've decided that I'm going to book a theater and charge admission so that everyone can see the meeting of the BPAP.

_____________________________________

In other news...

As my hair is growing out I'm trying to decide what to do with it. Keep it short? Grow it longer again? I've also tried bangs. I haven't had bangs since I was in middle school and at that point they didn't want to do what I wanted them to do. They liked to obey the cowlick and look like McDonald arches.

The other night after my shower I decided to see how it would look if I pulled bangs forward. And since I'm stuck waiting for my hair to grow out (which seems to be taking a long time) I'll give them a try for a while.

Surprisingly, I like them. And everyone that sees them likes them too. And to add the cherry to the top of this sundae, no more McDonald arches. So I'm considering keeping them. At least until I get bored with them :)

0 comments: