Sunday

Bringing you all up to date.

Yes, I'm still here. And yes, I've been a slacker. But...I'm only one person and between volunteering, children, and trying to keep things going here at home I feel like I've had no time and by the time I get to sit down here at the computer I'm absolutely exhausted.

Halloween has come and gone. We had a few Halloween events that we attended and then the girls also did the regular trick-or-treating. We only went about a block and a half and then the girls were cold and according to me they had plenty of candy so it worked out well. I really love that my children like dressing up, but don't want to go for blocks and blocks and blocks. I'm sure this will change as they get older but for now I'm enjoying it.

_______________________

As I believe I mentioned earlier, we also attended the Hiss and Howl Halloween Hullabaloo and had a dog for the day last weekend. The dog we got to care for was a female shih-tzu mix, named Rosie. She was absolutely wonderful and extremely easy to care for. She wasn't bothered by Cassie's crutches or Kalli running around. Rosie also had no issue with all the other dogs or cats that were there. A very laid back dog indeed.

Let's add to that the fact that the girls loved her and it made for a wonderful day. Cassie and Kalli took turns holding her leash and petting her. They also did a wonderful job of understanding that we couldn't keep her. At the end of the day they said their good-byes, hugged Rosie, and asked me if we could get another dog next year to have for the day and dress up. I said that we could probably do that.
________________________________

This past week the girls had a 'Fall Fest' at their school that we attended. There were tons of games at which you could win candy, Kalli won two times at the cake walk, and there was even an inflatable obstacle course. Looking at the course I told Cassie that she probably wouldn't be able to do it because there was a wall that you had to climb. I should know better then to doubt her though...when she became upset, I told her that she could try. To Andy and my amazement, she made it through somewhat easily. Twice. By the end of her second time she was exhausted, but the girls both went home with very good memories of their new school.

The highlight of the night by far was the limo ride. Yes, I said limo ride. For 3 tickets, which would equal $.75, kids could go on a 5 minute limo ride. When we got towards the front of the line, I asked the girls if they wanted me to come along or if they wanted to go alone. (there was a high-schooler and a couple other adults along to keep everyone safe.) Almost before I could get the question out of my mouth, Kalli was saying "alone". And they did. I helped Cassie in and out of the limo and took pictures when they arrived back and were getting out of the vehicle. So...as a 5 and 8 year old, my girlies had their first limo ride...and they LOVED it!

__________________________________

So....I think that brings me up to date. And, to make all my loyal readers happy, I am going to try doing NaBloPoMo again this year. NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) is every November and the challenge is to post everyday for the 30 days of November.

So far, I'm doing well.

0 comments: