Wednesday

September 16, 2009

Mornings are still problematic as Kalli tries to come up with any reason not to go to school. I let her know that I understand that she misses me and would like to stay with me, but that she has to go to school unless she is vomiting or running a fever. I'm waiting for her to use a heating pad on her head to try to simulate a fever.

Tonight the girls alternated between playing outside with the neighbor girl and playing in the basement. It is so nice having someone right next door for the girls to play with. It is also extremely nice that the girls have become okay with being down in the basement to play. The finished room in the basement houses all of their toys and until just recently they didn't want to go down there without Andy or myself.

I'm not sure what changed, but since school has begun again the girls have been getting on together better (knocking on wood feverishly) and they are a little more independent. At least when it comes to playing. I still have to help them each get dressed in the morning, but it isn't something I really want to fight yet as I despise mornings and Kalli isn't a pleasant person in the A.M. either.
_____________________

In other news, I'm up to having 5 squirrels in my backyard regularly.

And they have been very active. If what they say about judging a winter by how active squirrels are is true, I'm stocking up on non-perishables. Maybe the squirrels will share their acorns with me.

0 comments: