Thursday

June 18, 2009

A vocabulary lesson for you to begin. (taken from Urbandictionary.com)

Bershon: A word describing the irritated look of young people in photographs that they have been forced to take for their relatives. Bershon is pretty much how you feel when you’re 13 and your parents make you wear a Christmas sweatshirt and then pose for a family picture, and you could not possibly summon one more ounce of disgust, but you’re also way too cool to really even DEAL with it, so you just make this face like you smelled something bad and sort of roll your eyes and seethe in a put-out manner.
______________________________________

Recently, Cassie has been in 'a mood' She isn't necessarily being sassy, it is just a look that she has mastered recently and an attitude that goes with it. Every time I look at her she puts on this face that says 'I'm annoyed/bored/my life sucks/why are you talking to me?' I was talking to my mom today about Cassie's attitude and we decided that she is working towards the whole Goth persona. I'm thinking about starting to buy her black clothes and nail polish just to help the girl out.

Along with 'the look', Cassie has decided that anytime she is asked a question the responses that are appropriate are, "whatever..." or "and....??" For now, all I have to do is give her 'the mom-is-pissed look' and she apologizes. I am sure, however, that soon that won't even work. That is when I will have to start the beatings.

I kid....kinda.

Last night she was in her mood, as she always seems to be lately, and I finally told her that she had two choices. 1. either go outside to play or 2. go clean her room. She went to her room. And closed the door! It's at this point that I looked at Andy and said,"I'm not going to live through her teenage years. Mainly because one of us is going to die and I can't hurt my children."

The worst part is that she is fine as long as you are doing things that she wants and keeping her occupied. As soon as you expect her to entertain herself though or are just relaxing, she pulls out the 'tude. We've talked about it and how it is an inappropriate way to behave , but it seems that Cassie has a very short memory and forgets easily. Maybe she was a goldfish in a past life.

We're working on it... understand though when you see me I may seem to be balding from pulling at my hair.
_________________________________

Kalli, on the other hand, has been wonderful since school has been out. She loves staying home with me and playing in her room by herself. Of course, at the moment (9:47pm) she is crying in her room because she doesn't think that she will be able to stay in her bed all night. I'm not sure why that calls for crying, but I guess it does.

_________________________________

While both of my little ladies have their issues, we've been having a good first week off overall. We've done quite a bit and we're working out being together all day every day. They are even getting along with each other for the most part. They have their moments, but it is a work in progress. Besides...you can't expect siblings to get along perfectly all of the time.

0 comments: