Friday

November 14, 2008

The other day Cassie brought home her school pictures. I've cut them out and am waiting for Kalli to get her school pictures before I give out any of Cassie's. It'll just be easier for me to know who I've given what if I do it all at once.

Today I was looking at her school picture from last year and comparing the two. It is surprising how much she changes from year to year.

____________________________

As I was writing this, I got a call from my dad. Cassie, who was staying overnight there, wasn't feeling well. I stopped blogging for the moment and went over to see what was up. Her back was hurting and she was nauseous. I laid on the floor with her for a little bit trying to get a feel for exactly what was going on. Long story short, she ended up staying there because I'm an awesome mommy and figured out what was wrong.

Before I left my parents' house I picked Cassie up to carry her and hug her. I haven't done this is a while because...well, she is 7 and getting too heavy for me to carry. I tell her that she is growing and I'm not strong enough to carry her anymore. But tonight I did for a bit and as I was holding her she looked around like she was seeing things for the first time and then said, "Wow, I can see everything from up here."
___________________________________

Since Cassie was little I've always told her that 'I love her more then all the stars in the sky'. When Kalli came along I continued this when explaining how much I love them. Here is a conversation I had with Kalli tonight.

Me: I love you more then all the stars in the sky
Kalli: I know
Me: Do you remember when we go camping and you can see so many stars? Are there a lot of stars?
Kalli: There are e-hundred million e-hundred.
Me: Is that a lot?
Kalli: Yes. Lots and lots and lots
Me: I love you more then all of that.

And the truth is... I really do love them more then that.

0 comments: