Tuesday

NaBloPoMo - Day 3....look at me

I spent my day today in Kalli's classroom. All day. Ok, so I left to have lunch with my aunt and to put dye in her hair, but then I was right back to help in the classroom again. And let me just say, for the record, that kindergarten teachers deserve much more then they are paid....and I don't even know how much they are paid.

We worked on a craft project for pretty much the entire time from 1:30-3:00. Minus 30 minutes which was used for getting ready and going to recess. It took that long to complete this project. And getting 23 five-six year olds to do a project one step at a time, and to listen, and to stay in their seats, and to not have disagreements with their classmates, and to not smear their purple glue stick all over the table and their hands, and to not hoard all the colored paper....it's a SUPER FUN TIME.

Let me just note that the child with the glue stick issue and the hoarder are the same child. Said child was trying to hide about 20 slips of paper in pencil box. Said child also never finished project (which was making a turkey) because child completely chopped turkey body into chunks and hid dismembered turkey body in pencil box. I can see issues in this child's future.

I enjoyed helping out though and am really getting to know the kids.

I do, however, have to say that I was doing well until I got out of the classroom and into the quiet. At that point, a massive throbbing headache set in. I'm considering buying Kalli's teacher a humongous bottle of Advil for Christmas.
______________________

Tomorrow is a late start day for the girls which means that they start an hour later then normal. Now if only I could convince Cassie to sleep in a little bit. I'm going to be bringing the girls into school so that I can help in the library for an hour and then I will be going to meet my Becky for lunch and hopefully remembering to bring my camera to get another belly picture.

This coming weekend is Becky's Baby Shower and I'm so excited to be part of giving her this party to celebrate her wonderfulness. (I know, Becky, you are gagging right now) In all seriousness though, I couldn't be happier to be part of her pregnancy and shower. And I can't wait to see what a beautiful little boy she has.

And hello...look at that beautiful belly from last week!

1 comments:

melissa said...

Hoarding dismembered paper turkey bits, oh no! :)

At least they weren't eating the glue? Maybe?