Monday

March 2, 2009

You lucky readers....you got a new banner today AND a post. I know, you're thrilled beyond words. Try to contain yourself while I end the suspense from yesterday's post of what this picture is about.

Yesterday Cassie has a "girl's day" in which she got her hair cut, I painted her nails, applied a little blush and eye shadow, and she went to dinner at the Melting Pot with Auntie Becky and myself. The haircut was something that we've been talking about for a while now because of how long her hair had gotten. When we had it cut we made sure to cut it off in pony tails and that they were ten inches long. The reason for these specifics is that she is donating her hair to Locks of Love. This is an organization that makes wigs for children that have medical problems and lose their hair. It is a good charity and I'm very proud that Cassie is able to help out kids her own age and that she realizes that charity is good.

Of course, Kalli was crying that she wasn't able to cut her hair at the same time. Therefore, after she was done with school today, I took her to get her hair cut. They both look adorable now, however, I think they look older now. I'm not sure if I'm okay with this part.

The part that I am okay with though, is the fact that they can take more of the responsibility of caring for their hair now and also that there will be less crying involving snarls. Now if I could just lessen some of the other reasons for crying.

1 comments:

Becky said...

you. cut. her. curls.