Saturday

Rethinking Kalli's birth

Things that Kalli has said to me today that made me rethink birthing her:

1.) she is walking down the stairs into my parent's basement and I see her jump from one step to the next. I tell her that she can't do that it isn't safe. Her response "Not when you are watching."

2.) she is bouncing around in my bedroom and it is 9:30 at night. I tell her that she needs to calm down now because it is almost time to go to bed. She says "I can do whatever I want."

It is moments like this when I have to hold myself back from leaping at her and I find myself wondering why parents aren't allowed to beat their kids anymore. I kid. But I do find myself staring at her disbelieving before I respond. I don't know where she gets these things from, but I wish she'd forget them.

0 comments: