Tuesday

November 11, 2008

Look. Day 11 of NaBloPoMo and I'm still going.

Tonight after supper and homework, we took the girls to the library. I told the girls to go play for a little while before they picked out new books. Andy and I stayed at the counter to talk with Becky for a little bit. When Becky went to check out a patron (how rude actually having to work) I looked over to where the girls were playing. Or suppose to be playing. Cassie was sitting at a table by herself reading.

I went to talk to her and here is the conversation that followed.

Me: You're suppose to be playing
Cassie: But I love reading
Me: I know, but you can read at home. You should play with the other kids that are here.
Cassie: But I want to read
Me: Cassie, you need to go play
Cassie: Reeeaaaad

At this point I just shook my head and told her to just go back to the area where she had been. What do you do when your child doesn't want to play? And would rather read? I mean, is making her play instead of read, like punishing her? I am overjoyed that she enjoys reading so much. But the fact that it is interfering with her being social bothers me. She has plenty of friends in school and is part of Girls Scouts and such, but socializing is so important. Maybe I am worrying about nothing. But, then again, I'm a mom. Worrying is part of my job.
_______________________

Speaking of Girl Scouts. Start saving your pennies. We'll be selling cookies again in January. I know. You're excited.

1 comments:

Becky said...

cookies!!!!