Thursday

New adventures of Kalli Bean

What kind of chicken pees? A rooster!

Yeah, I didn't get it either. This is Kalli's newest joke. Then it morphs into the same question with the answer being "A fish!" And don't forget the hysterical laughter that follows. The girl cracks herself up.

Andy and I just look at each other blankly. We're not sure what to make of it. Maybe someone has been slipping something into her milk. I'm not sure.

_____________________________________

With the way our morning schedule is right now, things are a little hectic. Cassie's bus picks her up at 8:12 and Kalli has to be to school at the same time.

Yesterday when Andy got home he called the bus company to see if perhaps they could pick Cassie up at Kalli's school. It turns out that they can't, but they can pick up Kalli here and bus her the two blocks to school. No, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but that is how they work I guess.

When Kalli learned that she would be riding the bus in the mornings she got very excited. She talked in fast, high pitch tones and kept saying that she gets to be like 'all the other kids'. This morning, however, she wasn't as excited. As the time drew close to go out to the bus she became more quiet. Even crying twice about how she was going to 'miss me'.

When the bus did arrive Kalli climbed up in and went straight to the back of the bus where she sat by herself. After talking briefly to the driver I stood back and waved as the bus as it pulled away. I received no response from the little girl whose back was to me. Most likely she was crying. Not sure what I am going to do about my little spider monkey. Just keep smiling and cheering her on. She is so independent, yet so dependent.

0 comments: