Sunday

January 20, 2008

Tonight Andy is spending the night at Prevea having a sleep study done. They are checking for Sleep Apnea. We're hoping that they find something because how easily he falls asleep is not normal. However, I miss him. It is hard knowing that he isn't going to be home tonight. Even the girls miss him...especially Kalli.

Kalli isn't doing too hot today. She has been running 102.8 pretty much all day. With Ibuprofen I've only been able to get her down to 100.8/101.2. I feel so bad for my little peanut. Her eyes are glassed over, they look sunken, and her nose is running like a little sieve. She spent a majority of the day cuddling with us and drinking water/gaterade. She has a cough from drainage and her little nose is getting quite red.

I called the doctor's office today to see if there was anything I could give her for the cough at bedtime. I don't want to stop it during the day as it is productive to cough, but I want her to get rest. They took all the information and told me that with all the things being pulled off the shelf for younger kids, they really can't recommend her take anything. All in all....use a humidifier, elevate her head, and hope for the best. Oh and, if her fever is still high tomorrow, bring her in. (It'll be 3 days of high temps then)

Here is my thing. I'm not one to give my kids medicine all the time. The only time I give them anything is for high fevers and if they have a bad cough...then something at night so they can get rest and get better. I think it is wrong of companies and drug administration to pull all these medicines off the shelves. I can see if they contain something bad (which some did) but a lot of the cold medicines were pulled because of stupid parents!

You have these parents that are overdosing their kids because they aren't keeping track of when last doses were given or they aren't communicating with other caretakers. I'm sorry, but I don't think that because of some irresponsible parents all medicines should be pulled. Those parents should be punished or something. I don't see how children that could be getting better rest should be kept from that because of a few parents out there that screwing up.

Now mind you, I'm not a perfect parent. I sometimes forget what time I gave medicine last. In an instance that I do forget though, I think of the latest time it could have been and go from there. Also, when both kids are sick, I write down the times and what was given. That way both Andy and I know when they are due for another dose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, in other news... I uploaded pictures from Cassie's new camera today. Mind you we deleted a lot of them that Kalli took. You know...the TV, arm of the couch, the door.

Here are a couple that Cassie took.

Her first self portrait!

I really like this picture of Kalli and I

0 comments: