Tuesday

So....uhm....yeah

So, Yeah....it is 6am on Tuesday morning now and I haven't been to sleep yet. I figured, what the hey....might as blog about our night/morning before I head to bed....right?

It all started at midnight. Cassie called for me. I went to her room where she was sitting up, not looking very good. I grabbed the ice cream bucket that we keep handy for these emergencies and went to her side. Once she was sure she was finished, I went to empty said bucket and asked Andy to bring her into our room.

Andy calls for me and I go to see what is going on. They've made a pit stop to change her. She has diarrhea. A lot.

Once we get her settled on the floor next to me, we try to go to sleep. Fast forward 10 minutes to Cassie saying "uhm....turn the lights on!" She has had another BM and it has leaked onto the floor.

Here is where it gets real fun. We are almost out of wipes at this point so Andy gets dressed and heads to Wal*Mart. I head to the bathroom where Cassie gets to sit on the toilet for 1/2 an hour. Kalli thinks we're having a party. I clean the floor and try to keep Cassie calm and collected.

We finally get everyone settled down again and another 15 minutes later Cassie is up again. This time not only has she "leaked" but she is having abdominal cramps.

Now for the sake of those of you having to read this I'll fast forward to 3 o'clock. Cassie is rocking in agony, I've just gotten off the phone with Ask-a-Nurse, we've changed about 10 diapers, Cassie has thrown up two more times, Kalli thinks this is a rocking party, and we're off to the ER.

Of course, once we're at the ER, the stomach pains have subsided some and Cassie just wants to sleep. They give her something to help keep her stomach happy and a Popsicle to make sure she'll keep it down. Kalli is sick of the party and now just wants to go to sleep. Andy keeps falling asleep in the chair. And my adrenaline has worn off and I want a gurney brought in for me.

It is now 6 in the AM and Kalli is sleeping in my bed, Andy is on the couch, Cassie is watching a movie and trying to get her intestines to calm down so she can rest, and I'm heading to bed in search of a little sleep.

Looking on the positive side..... We don't have to worry about Cassie being constipated for a while.

0 comments: