Should I or shouldn't I??

So I'm thinking about doing the NaBloPoMo challenge again this year. In case you don't remember, it is a challenge where I write a post every day for 30 days. That would be one post every day in November. I did it last year and am considering doing it again. Weekends would be hard, but I'm considering it. Anyone want me to go for it?

In other news... yesterday Cassie had her annual Urology tests and appointment. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I love when her annual appointments come up. The doctors that we see with her have been taking care of her since the day she was born. These doctors and their nurses are like an extended family that we don't see very often. So these appointments with them are like reunions. We get to show how much Cassie has grown, what she is doing now, and show off how well she is doing. I enjoy showing her doctors what they have helped her accomplish.

During her appointment we discussed a few problems that Cassie has been having and we were referred to go visit with her Neurologist. An appointment was made for us to see him today to discuss her tethered cord. Tethered cord is something that everyone with Spina Bifida has. It is when the scar tissue from the back closure surgery fuses the spinal cord to the spine. The only time this becomes problematic is during growth spurts when pulling on the cord happens.

The appointment with the Neurologist went fairly well. He is waiting for reports from the Urologist to see what kind of results were found before he makes any decisions about moving forward. This could mean a MRI and/or CT scan and if things are bad enough... surgery. So now we wait for the doctor to call us and let us know what he wants to do next. Keep an eye on it? Tests? We don't want to rush into surgery as this has many risks including possible loss of mobility/feeling/use she has now. It also requires days in the hospital and a lengthy recovery.

Let's just say it's been a stressful couple days thinking about this.