Thursday

A day in my life

Today Kalli played outside for about a total of 3 hours. She spent this time riding her trike around as fast as she could yelling out "No one is as fast as me!" Then she would take her feet off the pedals and hold her legs out to the side as she continued to coast. I can see more stitches in her future.

____________________________

Cassie had her second swimming lesson tonight. She did well and didn't want to get out of the pool when I came in to get her. After about 5 minutes of coaxing, I got her out. The teacher, Ellen, told me that about 15 minutes into the lesson Cassie started giggling. When she asked what was so funny Cassie said "I love swimming lessons!" I'm so glad that she is enjoying these classes. I'm already looking into summer lessons for both the girls. I'm taking donations towards the cost.

This summer they already have vacation bible school, camping, and of course play dates.
____________________________

Tonight I was cuddling with Cassie before sending them to their room for reading. All of a sudden I noticed that Kalli wasn't in the room with us. And then I also noticed how quiet she was. I tracked her down behind the chair. She had the wipes container beside her, wipe in hand, and was cleaning Cassie's wheelchair and the bench. She had gone through a couple wipes already and told me, "I can't go to bed, I'm cleaning."
____________________________

And finally to end my night. Cassie hasn't wanted to give me kisses before bed lately. Tonight I crawled in bed and told her that I wasn't leaving until I got a real kiss from her. She finally gave in and as I left the room she said, "Mom, you are. So. Weird!"

I can see my future with these two girls of mine. And let me just say that it is going to be an interesting future.

0 comments: